A peaceful location in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty near the World Heritage “Jurassic” Coast. Rest and relax in the well kept grounds and gardens or stroll a network of footpaths from your cottage door.
Four pretty holiday cottages with period features. Rich in wildlife and history, the cottages have been created from the ancient farmhouse and its barns. They provide spacious and pet-friendly accommodation. They command stunning views of woodland and meadows. All cottages have pretty gardens, well equipped kitchens and characters of their own. Here you'll find all the facilities you need in a perfectly tranquil setting.
"You have thought of everything. A wonderful place to stay."
"It was like heaven on earth."
(from Visitors' books)
Please telephone (+441404881881) or email to enquire or book.
- Most bedrooms are ensuite.
- All cottages have their own pretty gardens.
- Seven acres of shared grounds and gardens—set against a backdrop of wonderful scenery—with BBQ and Summerhouse.
- Well equipped kitchens with cooker, fridge, freezer, microwave, dishwasher, iron and board.
- Dogs welcome (£30 per dog). Exercise field and lots of walks.
- WiFi - But being in a rural area broadband speeds are low.
- Cot/travelcot, highchair and stairgate available on request.
- Resource room/Laundry with local information, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- There's lots to do locally without driving too far.
- Friday changeovers - Arrival after 4pm. Departure 9.30 am.
- Affordable. Up to 50% cheaper than comparable agency bookings. Bring your own bed linen, towels, toiletries, etc. and pay for the fuel you use.
- We charge a refundable £50 good housekeeping deposit.
Lea Hill cottages are remote, hidden away among narrow lanes, yet within easy reach of the Devon and Dorset "Jurassic" World Heritage coast. Just four miles away lies Axminster with its historic carpet making tradition and heritage centre. Enjoy a range of shops, eating places and visit the historic Minster church with its summertime season of concerts.
Lose yourself in the maze of footpaths and deep Devon lanes which surround us. Perfect for dogs. Your cottage is a short stroll from the friendly, pretty village of Membury (one of a handful of English parishes still celebrating the ancient tradition of Oak Apple Day in May). Deep in the countryside as we are, in favourable weather, dark sky enthusiasts can view the milky way with the naked eye.
We have an enclosed exercise field and Nuthatch and Woodpecker have enclosed gardens but we do not guarantee any enclosure as escape proof!
There are endless opportunities for lovely and varied walks with your dog from your cottage or in the local area. Delightful footpaths run from Lea Hill itself. One leads down steps towards the panoramic views of Hill Common and on through Yarty Copse – heavy with the perfume of a bluebell carpet in Spring.
If you like to run your dog on the beach, there are several with unlimited access but its fair to say that most only allow dogs only on parts of the beach in the peak season. You can find out which Devon beaches allow dogs here.
We provide well equipped self catering accommodation in a stunning setting. Dogs welcome.
Please click here for directions. Do not follow google maps or sat-nav as you will be led through the most difficult ways.