What is best way to reach Lea Hill Cottages? PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW SAT NAV!
Travelling from Chard
1.From the M5, leave at junction 25 (Taunton) and take the A358 signposted Ilminster and Yeovil.
2.After 8.7 miles at the roundabout (where road crosses A303) take the 4th exit to stay on the A358, signposted to Chard/Donyatt/Broadway/Horton and Cricket St Thomas.
3.Continue for 4.9 miles on A358 into Chard and at the traffic lights (Esso garage on opposite side of road) turn right onto the A30, signposted to Town Centre/Exeter/Honiton.
4.Continue for 1.2 miles to the brow of the hill and, as the road bends right, keep left at the junction - taking the road signposted to Wambrook 1½, Stockland 6.
5.Continue on this road towards Membury for about 6 miles. Go straight on at Star Cross (ignore Membury signed right).
6.A hundred yards or so after passing a signpost to 'Greendown' turn right down an unsignposted road that descends steeply. (if you come to a signpost to 'Tolcis', you've gone too far!),
7.At the T junction turn right (a tight turn).
8.After about 300 yards you will reach a white fence and sign for Lea Hill Cottages on your left.
Travelling from Axminster
1. Coming into Axminster on the A35 from Honiton pass the church on your right in the centre of town.
2. Turn left at the George Hotel.
3. Turn left again immediately taking the road sign-posted to Membury.
4. Proceed out of Axminster, over the railway crossing. Follow signs to Membury.
5. Proceed for about two miles uphill.
6. About a quarter mile after passing a signpost to 'Tolcis', turn left down an un-signposted road that descends steeply ( there is a white cottage on corner).
7. At the T junction turn right (a tight turn). 8. After about 300 yards you will reach a white fence and sign for Lea Hill Cottages on your left.(Sharp turn left.)
If coming from the Bridport/Charmouth direction
1. At the bottom of Lyme Road you are obliged to bear left. 2. Then turn immediately right and immediately left again taking the road sign-posted to Membury. 3. Follow numbers 4-7 above
Follow numbers 4-7 above.
How does Lea Hill address green issues?
Green issues are important for everyone these days. Choosing a holiday cottage in your own country is a hugely positive step. At Lea Hill we aim to minimise any negative environmental impact and make it easier for you to have a greener holiday. We use a renewable energy provider, and use PV panels to generate homegrown electricity. Cleaner are bought fin bulk from a green supplier and stored in re-usable bottles. Once you arrive here, you can engage in really local activities.
We have been impelled by the logic of a commitment to greener business to review our activities. We have a long way to go and continue to do many “un green” things. But doing something feels better than continuing on in the same old way. Many guests will share our aims. If this is you, we will do our best to help you to:-
- Buy local produce.
- Walk, cycle or take trips by public transport. There are some lovely train lines in Devon!
- Use water, lighting and heating economically.
- Recycle as much rubbish as possible.
- Dry laundry outdoors.
- Giving information about plenty of things to do right on the doorstep without driving too far.
- Observe the rich flora and fauna.